A Precautionary Drinking Water Advisory was issued on June 6th, 2019 for the Northwest Industrial Area ONLY. It is effective until further notice. This advisory is due to a water distribution depresssurization, caused by a water main break and will remain in effect until the safety of the distribution system can be ensured to be safe at all times.
For more information please contact the Town Office at 306-662-2244.
Street Sweeping For June
- June 3rd – Harrigan Cres. to Hood St
- June 4th – Aspen St to Maple St
- June 5th – Jasper St to Walsh St
- June 6th – Marsh St to Griffin St
- June 7th – Lonsdale St Including Murraydale Cres. and Stockdale Cres
- June 10th – Myers Cres.
- June 11th – Claustre Ave., Parsons Ave. Louis Ave. and Dixon Ave.
- June 12th – Pacific to 2nd Ave.
- June 13th – 3rd to 5th Ave.
Downtown will be done every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Any rain during the scheduled days of sweeping will set the schedule back for the amount of days that it rains.
Sewer Main Cleaning
Beginning Wednesday, May 29th, 2019 in the following areas:
300 block of Sidney Street, Herbert Street, Griffin Street,
Lonsdale Street, 3rd Avenue east from Sidney Street,
700 block of Jasper Street, Claustre Avenue, Myers Crescent,
Dixon Avenue, Parsons Avenue, Louis Avenue.
Please be aware of the following:
- Water from toilet, sink, floor drain, etc. may be "sucked dry” or “blown out”
- Keep toilet lids closed, sinks plugged, and floor drains covered
- Bubbling in a toilet or strange noises in plumbing is NORMAL
- Once your street is done, pour water down all drains to refill traps
- Due to the nature of the work, very strong smells may occur
- Equipment may block driveways and roadways
Questions & concerns may be directed to the Town Office.
Sewer Main Cleaning & Relining 2019
Beginning April 1st, 2019, New Line Technologies will be cleaning the sewer mains along Harder Street from Pacific Avenue to 5th Avenue in preparation for relining the sewer main.
While the sewer main is being cleaned residents should be aware of the following:
- Water from toilet, sink, floor drain, etc., may either be “sucked dry” or “blown out”
- Toilet lids should be left down, sinks should be plugged, floor drains should be covered.
- Bubbling in a toilet or strange noises coming from plumbing is NORMAL.
- Once your street is done, pour water down all drains to refill traps.
- Due to the nature of the work, very strong smells may occur.
- Equipment may block driveways and roadways.
More more details, please read the notice.
Wastewater Grant - March 26, 2019
Her Worship the Mayor of Maple Creek Ms. Michelle McKenzie, and Councillors Ellaine Hawrylak & Cara Teichroeb, were among those assembled at the Saskatchewan Legislative Building in Regina today for the announcement by the Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, on behalf of the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, and the Honourable Warren Kaeding, Minister of Government Relations, that the Town of Maple Creek was one of eight Saskatchewan communities to have been approved for infrastructure funding under the “New Building Canada Fund’s Provincial-Territorial Infrastructure Component – National & Regional Projects” program.
Through this program the Town of Maple Creek will receive $3,960,000.00 from the governments of Canada & Saskatchewan for critical wastewater treatment upgrades at the Town of Maple Creek lagoon. Read Media Release.