The Contract with MasterPools
On October 13, 2020 a Resolution was passed to award the tender to MasterPools. The Town of Maple Creek signed a contract with MasterPools on April 28, 2021.
It is a $2.9 Million start-to-finish project.
Our goal is the bring this cost down through the use of:
- Local contractors
- Time in Lieu
Site / Water Table
The water table issue:
- 444 Gallons of water was pumped out per day
- Discharge water into sanitary sewer main
- We were given permission from our EPO (Environment Project Officer)
Heated (more durable) came recommended.
- Option of ICF or Precast building material
- ICF is a distinct possibility. It is more affordable and can be done by local contractors.
Use of ICF is not recommended
- Shifting can be an issue
- ICF are more appropriate for shallow pools
- Gas Tax: $864,226.08 TOTAL to be received until 2024
- Fundraising: $208,273.00 raised to date
To date: $164,787.17
- Demolition, Geotech, Surveying, Consulting, Construction Drawings
Discussion of a LEVY for Payment of the Pool
There has been some discussion about putting on a special levy to help pay for the pool. This is what it could look like:
- Length: 10 Years
- Amount: Maximum $250.00
- Start: January 2022
Fundraising and Grants will decrease the amount of years and total cost. Thus, this is still a current UNKNOWN.
Is there a Penalty for Delaying the Pool until 50% of the Funds are Raised?
No, with having conversation with MasterPools, there is no penalty with the delaying of the project.